Harry & Dorothy Proud AND Martha HOPKINS Education Trust Scholarship
The Proud-Hopkins Family Scholarship is an endowed scholarship that is available to Nampa Christian graduates who attend a Christian College or University. The specific amount of the scholarship has varied in past years based on the number of scholarship renewals and new awards for the calendar year. High school seniors who are awarded the scholarship may be eligible to reapply in subsequent years.
Below are the Eligibility Criteria
- Citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States
- Graduating Senior of Nampa Christian High School
- Cumulative GPA average of 3.0 or higher through seven semesters of high school
- Personal profession of faith in Jesus Christ
- Enroll as a full-time student in a Christian College/University in the United States
- Regular attendee and active in a local church
Additional Limiting Criteria
- A student may only apply for the scholarship a maximum of four years or equal to the number of years attended NCHS.
- A student may only apply for the scholarship within four years from their graduation date at NCHS. (For example, if a student takes a year off after graduation then applies, they will only be eligible for three years of the scholarship)
- Eligible Universities include those that have a statement of faith that is consistent with Biblical truths.
- Students will not be notified of the availability of the scholarship in subsequent years after the initial application year. It is their responsibility to reapply from the school's website.
- Recommendations must consist of at least one person outside of Nampa Christian Schools and the High School Principal is not available to provide recommendations.
The application deadline is Friday, April 7th, 2023. Awards and notifications will be sent out in early May 2023.
Nampa Christian alumni who have previously been awarded the Proud Scholarship, are still enrolled in a Christian college, and have maintained a 3.0 or higher GPA may apply for renewal each spring through their senior year of college. A recommendation is not required for renewal.