Harry and Dorothy Proud Education Trust Scholarship
The Proud Family Scholarship is an endowed scholarship that is available to Nampa Christian graduates who attend a Christian College or University. The specific amount of the scholarship has varied in past years anywhere from $1,000 - $1,500. Final awards are determined by the number of scholarship renewals and new awards for the calendar year. High school seniors who are awarded the scholarship will be eligible to reapply through their senior year in college. Below are the Eligibility Criteria:
- Citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States
- Graduating Senior of Nampa Christian High School
- Cumulative GPA average of 3.0 or higher through 7 semesters of high school
- Personal profession of faith in Jesus Christ
- Enroll as a full-time student in a Christian College/University in the United States
- Regular attendee and active in a local church
Additional Limiting Criteria
- A student may only apply for the Proud Scholarship a maximum of 4 years or equal to the number of years attended NCHS.
- A student may only apply for the scholarship within 4 years from their graduation date at NCHS. (For example if a student takes a year off after graduation then applies, they will only be eligible for 3 years of the scholarship)
- Eligible Universities include those that have a statement of faith consistent with Biblical truths.
- Students will not be notified of the availability of the scholarship in subsequent years after the initial application year. It is their responsibility to reapply from the school's website.
The application deadline is Monday, April 6, 2020. Awards and notification will be sent out in early May 2020.
Nampa Christian alumni who have previously been awarded the Proud Scholarship, are still enrolled in a Christian college, and have maintained a 3.0 or higher GPA may apply for renewal each spring through their senior year of college. A recommendation is not required for renewal.